We define commissioning as 'How we identify needs and creatively work with everyone involved to make things happen to meet those needs in the most appropriate and cost effective way'
Our vision is to become a commissioning driven authority. This is because this is the best way we can
- deliver the Council’s priorities as set out in the County Plan
- live within our means in the face of sustained public spending cuts
- take an informed approach to allocating and prioritising scarce resources
- undertake the unprecedented rethinking of public services (and our relationship with the public) that is necessary at scale and at pace
- truly understand the needs of our population and different places
- make best use of all available resources (not just those we directly control)
- continually challenge ourselves on the impact we are having and how well we are achieving the outcomes that matter most
Below is a list of useful documents. These will be added to, and amended as our approach to commissioning evolves.
SCC Co-production Full Guidance V3
SCC Co-production Basic Guidance V4
SCC Co-production Young Person Guidance V5
Compass Co-production - Hearing the Voice of Service Users
SCC Consultation Guidance
If you have any questions please email Vikki Hearn, Strategic Manager Commissioning Development - VHearn@somerset.gov.uk