Service operating times:
Monday to Friday 6.45am to 7.30pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays - No service
The services are provided by accessible low floor buses.
There are two Park and Ride sites:
- Silk Mills, Silk Mills Road, Taunton, TA1 5AA - on Silk Mills Road on the west side of Taunton
- Taunton Gateway, Ruishton, Taunton, TA3 5LU - near Junction 25 of the M5 on the east side of Taunton
Site opening times:
Monday to Friday 6.30am to 8pm
The Taunton Park and Ride sites have large car parks, with waiting facilities (and public conveniences at Silk Mills).
- They provide free parking all day
- There is no overnight parking
- Cycle parking areas are available
- The height barriers at both sites are 3.5 metres high
- The two Park and Ride facilities operate to provide a complete cross town service through Taunton
- You can buy your ticket on the bus
There are no concessions for English National Concessionary Travel Scheme Pass holders from the car parks (or equivalent local concession passes such as the Diamond Travelcard or Freedom Pass).
The prices below are for passengers travelling to or from a Park and Ride car park. For people who wish to use the service as a town service (not starting or ending at a car park) then the Buses of Somerset town service fares apply, they are £2.40 single and £3.60 return.
Taunton Park and Ride fares for passengers travelling from the car parks only, are:
- Adult Day Return £2.40
- Child Day Return £1.40 (5 to 15 years old inclusive)
- Shopper Special Ticket £1.70 per car.
Valid for up to 5 people travelling in the same car, who must travel together on both journeys. Available for use 10am to 4pm only.
- Group ticket £6 (up to 5 people travelling together; valid on the day of purchase only). This ticket makes travel into town even cheaper for groups of people who car share to the site. You may be able to find a car share partner by registering and searching for potential matches on Liftshare.com
- Weekly ticket £10
- Flexirider £12 (allows 12 single journeys; valid for one calendar month from the day of issue)
- Calendar monthly ticket £33
- Annual season ticket £330. Please contact us for further details about this option or fill in the application form
Routes and timetables
All buses serve Taunton Bus Station and the Musgrove Park Hospital grounds (not Parkfield Drive).
Please note, this service no longer serves the Cemetery stops on Wellington Road near Somerset College.
Monday to Friday
First departures into town at 6.45am, 7am and 7.15am from both sites
The buses run every 15 minutes.
Last 3 departures from the town centre to Gateway are at 7pm, 7.15pm, and 7.30pm.
Last 3 departures from the town centre to Silk Mills are at 6.57pm, 7.12pm, and 7.30pm.
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: No service
Please contact First Bus lost property on 01823 211180
You can find a map of the park and ride route with the stops east bound and west bound below. View a larger map.