Somerset County Council

Drugs and Alcohol


If you, or someone else close to you is concerned about a drug or alcohol habit that may be getting out of hand there is a range of confidential information and advice available.

For more information about drugs and alcohol and young people go to:
Drug and alcohol services for young people

For information about alcohol: 

For information about drugs: 

If you would like more than information and would like to talk to someone about accessing help in Somerset for yourself a friend or a family member, Somerset Drug and Alcohol Service (SDAS) is set up to help. Whether it’s drugs or alcohol, and whatever your age, SDAS is available for you. SDAS can offer early interventions to help people before their problems worsen and treatment options to help people become drug and alcohol free. Housing related support is also available.

To access some of these interventions get in touch with Somerset Drug and Alcohol Service (SDAS): 

Phone: 0300 303 87 88 and someone will speak with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

If you have had support with drug or alcohol use before in Somerset, from either Turning Point or the young people's service, you can also go directly to your local SDAS Hub:

Details about local services and lots of other useful information for adults, young people, families, carers, friends and professionals are available on the Somerset Drug and Alcohol Partnership website:  

Somerset Drug and Alcohol Partnership plans, commissions and monitors the Somerset Drug and Alcohol Service (SDAS), and you can contact Somerset County Council on 01823 357111 or email

» Indicates required fields

Feedback form
Was this information helpful? »