We have dedicated team members for each area; you can find details of this through the below information.
We are Commercial and Procurement, based at County Hall. We procure goods, services and works for Somerset County Council and our collaborative partners. Made up of 'People' and 'Place' and which consists of adult, child, transport, highways, waste, economy and infrastructure. 'Business' which presides over FM, property, professional services, utilities and operations. We have dedicated team members for each area, you can find details of this below the what we do section.
We are Somerset County Council’s gateway to purchasing.
Procurement is an important driving force in Somerset County Council for identifying and realising cost efficiencies and guiding the improvement of value for money in the Council’s annual procurement spend by:
- identifying and delivering efficiency, but not at the expense of quality
- developing and embracing the principles of sustainable procurement
Commercial and Procurement Team
- Claire Griffiths – Head of Commercial & Procurement
- Marie Stretch – Strategic Manager, Commercial and Procurement
- Nathan Johnson – Service Manager, Commercial Support
- Mark Brown – Service Manager, Procurement
- Andrew Fraser – Service Manager, Procurement
- Stephen Barker – Service Manager, Procurement
- Tanya Nathan – Service Manager, Procurement
- Paul Skuse – Service Manager, Procurement
- Barbara Butera – Service Manager, Procurement
- Jon Warr – Service Manager, Systems